Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sock Hop Information

OK, Here is my real post. I got the video up in a hurry because I don't know how long KCOY would keep the video on their site.

Here is the scoop...

Rally was a way to get people interested in starting new teams for Relay for Life - Santa Maria. I knew that we were allowed to sell stuff at the event to raise some money for our teams. I went to a scrap booking retreat over Valentine's Day. With the help of 30 lovely ladies, I made 36 scrapbooks to sell for our team. All of the ladies were so helpful and we had a lot of fun. I especially want to thank Sheri and Elaine who helped get me a deal on the supplies. THANKS GUYS!!! I was really excited to get a chance to sell the scrapbooks and raise some money. I sold 1 book. Bummer! ONLY ONE! At least I have 4 more months to sell them. I know I can sell a bunch the day of the actual event. So I am not worried.

I also was trying to sell some note cards that were drawn by my son, Simon. I didn't sell any of those. Darn. I am going to put the cards on the cafe press storefront so that family and friends can buy them if they want to. Simon has such an original sense of art. The cards are really funny.

The sock hop itself was really fun. The Wild Wild West Girls were serving cake and root beer floats. There was a costume contest, a hula hoop contest, and dance lessons. Simon was desperate to go with me. I really wanted him to go because I want him to know how important raising awareness about cancer is. I want him to learn how to be compassionate and how to support causes that are important to him. It is good to show support to your community, your family and your friends. He even dressed up in a costume of his own. I want him to learn that every penny matters and that you use the talents and resourses that you have avaliable. I love him and his support.

No comments:

Post a Comment